Author and Award Winning Nationally Syndicated Columnist for The Washington Post.
The Color Of Money
Michelle writes the nationally syndicated personal finance column, “The Color of Money,” which appears in The Washington Post on Wednesday and Sunday. Her award-winning column is syndicated by The Washington Post Writer’s Group and is carried in more than 100 newspapers. Click here to read her columns or subscribe to her weekly newsletter.
- Featured Color of Money Column: A Promise to a Friend
The Value of A Dollar
Read Michelle's views on giving an allowance to children. From The New York Times, Room for Debate: Teaching the Value of a Dollar. Does an allowance for children create a sense of entitlement, or develop money management skills?
You may have seen Michelle on her previous television show "Singletary Says."
Check out a clip from the show here.
“The Revolution” was an ABC program that showcased how to improve the way you think about your body, health, style, mind and environment to revolutionize the way you live your life. Michelle was a financial contributor on the daytime talk show that featured a cast of experts that included style guru Tim Gunn, design expert Ty Pennington, celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak, therapist Dr. Tiffanie Davis, and OB-GYN Dr. Jennifer Ashton. Click here to watch a segment from one of her previous appearances.
If you want to finally face your finances in 2013, watch this clip from “The Revolution.”
Watch Michelle at work in her Money Court.
- Michelle will be the keynote speaker for the "Money Matters" investor education conference at the Pittsburgh Marriott North in Cranberry Township on Tues. April 30. The " conference is free to the public and will begin at 6:10 p.m. Registration is required. For more information and to register, visit www.dobs.state.pa.us or call
- Michelle was a guest speaker at Philander Smith College as part of the Bless The Mic Lecture Series. Watch an interview with her from the event.
- Michelle spoke at the Columbus Metropolitan Library in Ohio. The library sponsored “Money Smarts for You: A Day of Free Financial Help.”
Spend Well, Live Rich
In “Spend Well, Live Rich with Michelle Singletary” she outlines her seven “Money Mantras” to help you “live rich” for the rest of your life. If you’re good with money, Michelle encourages you to pass these mantras on to your children so they can lead more successful financial lives.
Prosperity Partners Ministry: A Partner In Your Financial Success
Michelle Singletary and other financially savvy mentors help those fighting the uphill battle against debt and financial hardships.
Hosted at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden in Maryland, Michelle’s once-a-month, three hour workshops cover everything from developing a budget, cleaning up your credit, getting out of debt, and managing your family’s money with your spouse.
Visit Prosperity Partners for more information and consider attending one of Michelle’s workshops. Take the first steps toward a brighter financial future with Michelle and Prosperity Partners.
“The 21-Day Financial Fast: Your Path to Financial Peace and Freedom”
In an expanded an update of “The Power to Prosper,” you will put away your credit cards and buy only the barest essentials. Thousands of individuals have participated in the fast and as a result have gotten out of debt and become better managers of their money and finances. The 21-Day Financial Fast is great for earners at any income-level or stage of life, whether you are living paycheck-to-paycheck or just trying to make smarter financial choices.
Leading Women Defined: Michelle Singletary on Money
- Michelle discussed her work teaching about money management and spending during BET's fourth annual Leading Women Defined summit in Washington, D.C.
- Also listen to Michelle and other summit attendees, including actress Diahann Carroll, musician Ledisi and life coach/psychologist Dr. Michelle Callahan discuss the assets of an empowered woman.
Here & Now
- Michelle was on Here & Now, Public Radio’s daily news magazine hosted by Robin Young, discussing Financial Intimacy: How To Mix Love And Money
Q&A With Michelle Singletary on C-Span
- Listen to how she got started writing her award-winning column for The Washington Post and how she learned to manage her money from her grandmother, Big Mama.
Road to Wealth
- Get Michelle’s expert personal finance advice on Tavis Smiley’s PBS website, “Road to Wealth” and read the answers to past personal finance questions in Michelle’s archived weekly column, “Wealth of Knowledge.